POSITION: Night Attendant
The following is a list of responsibilities for the position of MORTUARY NIGHT ATTENDANT. We have attempted to identify as many of the usual duties which are expected of this position. However, this list may not cover all duties required of this position and some of the duties listed may also be assigned to other positions. Due to the demands of the business, the duties and requirements for any individual and any position at Memory Garden Memorial Park and Mortuary may be changed by the management, as needed and without notice.
- Answering of the phones and doors during evening hours.
- Taking phone messages on the appropriate form.
- Taking and dispatching first calls.
- Caring for families at the visitation of their loved one.
- Setting up visitations with the funeral director.
- Assisting with evening and weekend services as needed.
- Contacting on call people to handle price shoppers and first calls.
- Maintaining and cleaning of necessary areas of the mortuary after a visitation or service.
- Spot vacuuming where necessary.
- Emptying trash cans in the business office and kitchen, and wherever else necessary.
- Locking the facility at closing time and diverting the phones.
- Checking and replacing bottled water and cup dispenser by the chapel.
- Checking restrooms for cleanliness, replacing supplies, and correcting any problem.
- Cleaning up the coffee machine, pots, and counters in the kitchen.
- General kitchen clean-up.
- Check and refill copy machine trays and fax machine.
- Make room signs for visitations and services.
- Update and fax service schedule.
*any other tasks as assigned by management
POSITION: Operations Assistant
The following is a list of responsibilities for the position of Operations Assistant. We have attempted to identify as many of the usual duties which are expected of this position. However, this list may not cover all duties required of the position and some of the duties listed may also be assigned to other position. Due to the demands of the business, the duties and requirements for any individual and any position at Memory Garden Memorial Park & Mortuary may be changed by the management, as needed and without notice.
The following is a list of responsibilities for the position of Operations Assistant. We have attempted to identify as many of the usual duties which are expected of this position. However, this list may not coverall duties required of the position and some of the duties listed may also be assigned to other positions at Memory Garden Memorial Park & Mortuary may be changed by the management, as needed and without notice.
1. Driving company vehicle to doctors’ offices for the purpose of securing a signed death certificate.
2. Filing death certificates with the local Death Registration Dept. when necessary.
3. Assisting funeral directors with setting up for services and assisting with chapel or church funerals as an assistant director.
4. Directing Graveside Services when required.
5. Maintain files and records for mortuary death certificates.
6. Enter vital statistics information into the electronic Death Registration system.
7. Coordinate with Arrangement counselors the obtaining of vital statistical information from family members.
8. Coordinate with Doctors, medical staff and hospital facilities the necessary paperwork and information to complete death certificate registration.
9. Work with local health departments to facilitate obtaining certified copies of death certificates.
10. Complete checks and order forms for disposition permits and certified copies of death certificated and mail same to the appropriate health departments.
11. Answer telephones and take first call information as needed.
12. Coordinate with Hospitals, nursing homes and coroner’s offices the release of remains and dispatch to removal personal.
13. Prepare for refilling burial/transit permits from other states.
14. Monitor postage machine and add postage as needed.
15. Maintain and update a log of all cremations done at Memory Garden Crematory.
16. Process and file all paperwork associated with cremations performed by Memory Garden Mortuary.
17. Inspect and insure that all paperwork associated with cremations have the unique cremation identification number on them.
18. Maintain files and records for mortuary at-need cases and cemetery property.
19. Process and distribute male daily.
20. Coordinate with arrangement counselors for the completion of contracts Mortuary and Cemetery sales.
21. Review all mortuary case history files for completeness of worksheets and documents required by the D.C.A.
22. Process mortuary worksheets and contracts for transmittal to home office.
23. Complete daily deposit for Memory Garden and Western Memorial payments.
24. Process pre-need property contracts and payments with Western Memorial Staff.
25. Coordinate reprinting of mortuary and cemetery forms and stationary with printing vendors.
26. Maintain a record of daily deposits and payments.
27. Maintain a book containing a copy of all mortuary worksheets divided by month and year.
28. Prepare mail packages for the home office every day.
29. Maintain branch checking account and process reimbursements as needed.
30. Maintain petty cash box and replenish as needed.
31. Maintain record book of all cemetery interments.
32. Process cemetery copy of disposition permit and post to block file.
33. Prepare and complete ledger cards for payment as needed.
34. Type and process property deeds as required.
35. Maintain a record of all newly issued property deeds.
36. Process property transfers from private parties to other private parties.
37. Maintain a list of needed office and lunch room supplies.
38. Maintain and update a list of available cemetery property for sale.
39. Maintain and update a log of cemetery property that has been sold.
40. Meet with families to arrange property transfers and exchanges.
41. Process accounts payable and forward invoices to home office.
Everything you need to know about funeral and cemeteries.
How to truly support yourself and others at a time of grief.
Let us guide you through the ins and outs of your cemetery experience.
Local resources for all your support and planning needs.