The following is a list of responsibilities for the position of Operations Assistant. We have attempted to identify as many of the usual duties which are expected of this position. However, this list may not cover all duties required of the position and some of the duties listed may also be assigned to other position. Duto to the demands of the business, the duties and requirements for any individual and any position at Memory Garden Memorial Park & Mortuary may be changed by the management, as needed and without notice.
The following is a list of responsibilities for the position of Operations Assistant. We have attempted to identify as many of the usual duties which are expected of this position. However, this list may not coverall duties required of the position and some of the duties listed may also be assigned to other positions at Memory Garden Memorial Park & Mortuary may be changed by the management, as needed and without notice.
1. Driving company vehicle to doctors’ offices for the purpose of securing a signed death certificate.
2. Filing death certificated with the local Death Registration Dept. when necessary.
3. Assisting funeral directors with setting up for services and assisting with chapel or church funerals as an assistant director.
4. Directing Graveside Services when required.
5. Maintain files and records for mortuary death certificates.
6. Enter vital statistics information into the electronic Death Registration system.
7. Coordinate with Arrangement counselors the obtaining of vital statistical information from family members.
8. Coordinate with Doctors, medical staff and hospital facilities the necessary paperwork and information to complete death certificate registration.
9. Work with local health departments to facilitate obtaining certified copies of death certificates.
10. Complete checks and order forms for disposition permits and certified copies of death certificated and mail same to the appropriate health departments.
11. Answer telephones and take first call information as needed.
12. Coordinate with Hospitals, nursing homes and coroner’s offices the release of remains and dispatch to removal personal.
13. Prepare for refilling burial/transit permits from other states.
14. Monitor postage machine and add postage as needed.
15. Maintain and update a log of all cremations done at Memory Garden Crematory
16. Process and file all paperwork associated with cremations performed by Memory Garden Crematory.
17. Process and file all paperwork associated with cremations performed by Memory Garden Mortuary.
18. Inspect and insure that all paperwork associated with cremations have the unique cremation identification number on them.
19. Maintain files and records for mortuary at need cases and cemetery property.
20. Process and distribute male daily
21. Coordinate with Arrangement counselors the processing and completion of contracts Mortuary and Cemetery sales.
22. Review all mortuary case history files for completeness of worksheets and documents required by the DCA.
23. Process Mortuary worksheets and contracts for transmittal to home office.
24. Complete daily deposit for Memory Garden and Western Memorial payments.
25. Coordinate with Western Memorial Staff the processing of pre-need property contracts and payments.
26. Coordinate reprinting of mortuary and cemetery forms and stationary with printing vendors.
27. Maintain a record of daily deposits and payments.
28. Maintain a book containing a copy of all mortuary worksheets, divided by month and year.
29. Prepare mail package for the home office every day.
30. Maintain branch checking account and process reimbursements as needed.
31. Maintain petty cash box and replenish as needed.
32. Maintain record book of all cemetery interments.
33. Process cemetery copy of disposition permit and post to block file.
34. Prepare and complete ledger cards for payment as needed.
35. Type and process property deeds as required.
36. Maintain a record of all new property deeds issued.
37. Process transfer of property from private parties to other private parties.
38. Maintain a list of needed office and lunch room supplies.
39. Maintain and update a list of available cemetery property for sale.
40. Maintain and update a log of cemetery property that has been sold.
41. Meeting with families to arranger property transfers and exchanges.
42. Processing of accounts payable and forwarding of invoices to home office.